Help to a new entrepreneur?

diligentKevin

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to design and create an interactive forum that includes educational content, a forum and social features for people to interact, and the mechanisms for people to upload recordings and videos. I intend it to be similar in design to busuu.com and livemocha.com, for those of you who know of them.

The problem: I only have some background in C++ and designing websites in Microsoft Publisher (I know...) several years ago. That's it.

I'm hoping to have enough done to at least do market testing in beta in three months. Where in the world do I start? I do learn quickly, but proof of concept is most important. I can invest more time or hire programmers later.

Thank you.

Kevin

websonalized

Hi,

You could download phpBB and install it on your host server. This is an open source Bulletin Board System that's very popular today. It host a lot of features and has room for much more of customization.

The easiest way would be to download this software and get familiar with the mods and other modification resources available for it on the software website. Finding help regarding its maintenance isn't hard as you have multiple forums available for help..

Check it out..