Favourite disaster movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well my favourite disaster movie is "The Poseidon Adventure" an old movie from 1972 which was on tv last night, about a cruise ship which is capsized by a big tidal wave.
Yeah I know I am really showing my age...
What is your favourite disaster movie, Independence Day, Armaggedon, The Day after Tommorrow, Deep Impact....??

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I cant stand to watch horror movies, I never could really.
Probably the only horror movie I thought was good or scary was "The Excorcist"

Chroder

Shaun of the dead is more of a comedy, isn't it?

I love the excorcist, great movie.

Anyway, not a big fan of disaster type movies. Can't think of one I liked all too much.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone seen the prequel to the excorcist, that new movie..... I havent seen it yet, sounds interesting though.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
The only disaster movie I've ever seen is "The Towering Inferno"... that's a pretty good movie though.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Yep I remember seeing "the towering inferno" at the drive-in when i was a kid, yes a long long time ago, I thought it was good.
Also liked Airport 77 and all those air disaster movies that ensued.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Yeah, like "Flying High"... (I think it's called "Airplane" in America).

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I never liked "Flying High", never found it funny, though I know people who think it is hilarious.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, being that i used to live in tornado alley, i would have to say "twister" is by far my favourite disaster movie. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
yeah twister was not a bad movie, had bit of a story to it as well, and I like helen hunt, shes cool.

Ringmaster

My favorite disaster movie is The Independence Day, the scenes in the movie are so real and very thrilling to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.