ecomm site review

mattador

Hey guys Im pretty new to ecommerce and web design and would love some feedback and help on my site. I am still working on getting my first sale and wantn to help improve my business. Here is my armor site

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

chrishirst

Staff member
It's all a bit "in your face", which often makes people go for the close button and the huge 'slide show' means the REAL purpose of the website, that of selling products is lost.

JakClark

Something people seem to completely skip is investment. It looks to me like little has actually been invested.

Time - to me, this looks like a quick jobby. It's (blatant, though I gather you were not hiding the fact) a template which, to me, does not appear to suit your image. The content does not appear to be very well integrated, either.

Money - it's understandable that you want to get the job done yourself to cut the costs - particularly for a startup(?). Sometimes, however, you need to look the part. I guess you could very much compare it to medieval gear you're selling. Something shabby and unorthodox is not going to turn many heads at all. If you're suited in a dazzling kit of armour, then you'll have much more attention.

Your site says everything about your products, much like your clothes (generalising here) say something about you. Do take that into consideration. :)

Epic New Media

Honestly, it's not great.

It needs structuring a little better - better defined menus, clearer product layout / titles and possibly lose the boring slider which takes up so much valuable real estate.