E-mails

Winterchase

Just to confirm my thoughts, by having your site listed in the signature portion of e-mails, it gains you nothing as far as position "credits" go? Right?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
That would be correct. But it can be another useful form of marketing.

Winterchase

Oh well....

ian said:
That would be correct. But it can be another useful form of marketing.

I kind of thought that would be the case.

And you're right, adding the URL as one's signature on an e-mail is a very useful form of promotion.

SiteExpress

It is also a very useful way to get your emails caught up in many spam filters. Some spam filters look for hyperlinks and anchortext in emails. This ends up catching you from time to time.

Winterchase

Darn!

SiteExpress said:
It is also a very useful way to get your emails caught up in many spam filters. Some spam filters look for hyperlinks and anchortext in emails. This ends up catching you from time to time.

Any way around that happening? I always request a receipt.

SiteExpress

Not that I am aware of, and let's face it. How many of us are very glad we have a spam filter? I know I am. otherwise my inbox would be full of all kinds of stuff that I didn't ask for.

Winterchase

I know what you mean

SiteExpress said:
Not that I am aware of, and let's face it. How many of us are very glad we have a spam filter? I know I am. otherwise my inbox would be full of all kinds of stuff that I didn't ask for.

We could say the same thing about our Post Office boxes. :mad:

Back when the anti-spam law was being written (by the lobbyists), there was originally a sentence in it that read, paraphrasing, "... shall not send or cause to be sent over...." The "cause to be sent" was deleted because the companies who use - read: pay for - spam wanted the bill emasculated so they could jam the net with their garbage. They got what they wanted by claiming protection under the 1st Amendment thus making the bill a joke, really.

I’ve been hearing rumors lately about a shadow “group” calling themselves The White Knight Society who intend on waging all out war on spam using DDOS against the advertisers because if they're taken out of the picture, there would be no spam. I have an opinion on that but if I express it, I could probably be considered a terrorist, under the fabled “Patriot Act.”

Enough! Enough! I'm about to ruin my own day. :) Have a good one.

StephanieCordray

I don't think anybody would label you a terrorist but i gotta warn you, there are some deeply thinking people on this board. If they don't agree with you it could become a pretty fast moving debate. If you do opine a bit be prepared to debate your side.