Digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna

As a professional photog, I would suggest either canon or nikon.

Why do you need a 12mp camera? Something in the range of 8.3mp would suit you fine, I would think?

Olympus is decent but... Not at all professional and probably wouldn't last that long.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure a lot of people would disagree.

For me though, if it's not canon or nikon, why bother?

Oh and the canon rebel stinks; it's made of plastic. Good luck!

ishie

Olympus is a good camera brand. But I would prefer better brands like Nikon and Canon. They are more superior than Olympus. :)

springmedia

I'm currently using the Nikon D3, it's an awesome full frame digital SLR at 12.1 mp.

It al depends on what sort of photography you are going to be doing?

Happy Christmas

anna

I've shot canon for over ten years and I finally switched to Nikon.

Nikon is far superior to canon... Better glass.

britney

Digital cameras are available in different sizes and styles. Is it true that a digital camera which has a 6-mega pixel imaging sensor has better results than an 8-mega pixel ? :confused:

d a v e

not necessarily as there are other factors involved. while an megapixel camera can record more information than 6 it may not be as sharp or capture as much details IF the lens isn't as good as the one on a 6mp camera. the amount of compression also comes into play though i would imagine it's quite similar between makes.

as long as it has enough pixels to print at a decent resolution at the size you want (with some extra room for cropping) then you don't need to worry about it much.

for hobbyists anything on the market now is fine mpx (megapixel)-wise.

britney

I've shot canon for over ten years and I finally switched to Nikon.

Nikon is far superior to canon... Better glass.

Nikon and Canon are best brands. My father owns Canon 1000D. So far, he hasn't seen any disadvantage in it. The images he captured were all excellent. I think you have to ask a certified photographer for clarifications. Right?

anna

Nikon and Canon are best brands. My father owns Canon 1000D. So far, he hasn't seen any disadvantage in it. The images he captured were all excellent. I think you have to ask a certified photographer for clarifications. Right?

What do you mean a certified photographer for clarifications? What clarifications? If you want professional, buy nikon or canon. That 1000D might be a decent camera, but don't drop it. All the rebels are made with plastic parts, so they're not really considered professional. I have a B.A. in photography. Does that make me a certified photog? :)

thomas206

Digital cameras are available in different sizes and styles. Is it true that a digital camera which has a 6-mega pixel imaging sensor has better results than an 8-mega pixel ? :confused:

Oh...and no, not necessarily. Just because it's a higher MP, doesn't mean the pictures will out better. High MP's just mean you can make larger prints, that is really all. Or if you took a really bad photo, you can crop it and resize to keep some of the quality...but I always tell people---MP's seriously don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.