Designfeeds.com.au

webartist

Hi all

I recently launched www.designfeeds.com.au

Any feedback is welcome.

The aim of the website is to provide easy to use and up to date information on anything design. From design inspiration to CSS and coding techniques it refreshes every 10 minutes and grabs new articles from a growing resource of websites.

All sources are credited at the bottom, if anyone knows of some good design sites with an RSS Feed, feel free to pass it on.

Cheers

adx

The site looks great! I especially like the subtle color changer, never thought anyone
could pull that off tastefully :p I also noticed that the site seems kind of empty despite
being full of links and articles. But then I realized that there's no ads? What's up with that ? :)

adamblan

Looks nice & clean - a little too sterile in my opinion. Try some imgs to help bring attention to the articles... this site has some definite potential, but with so many articles, a search option would be nice ;)

webartist

Yeah, i agree with the search idea. There is definitely room for this to grow.
I want to also grab some of the articles from the inspiration section and feature on the homepage - this should help liven it up a little as they contain images.
cheers

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for the comments adx.
Yeah, no ads at this stage, something I may consider in the future however.
This may sound strange. but some ads may add a bit of color or life to the site, I think it is a bit too sterile, like somebody commented earlier, also I would have probably gone with a .com domain instead of a .com.au
To make the site viable you would need more visitors than just from Australia, which is a fairly small market.

adx

Cheers for the comments adx.
Yeah, no ads at this stage, something I may consider in the future however.
Well, nobody can say that you're a money hungry sleazebag ;)
Ads are overrated anyway, I had a Google ad the other day that simply read
"EMBARRASSING WEBSITE!?". I took offense :cool:

suz

I like the site and the colour scheme. It's obvious that content is what we are going there for and the content is organized very well, nice and easy to read.

webartist

Cheers Suz
In regards to the banner ads I may consider those or google text ads in the new year, but need to make sure i dont look like a "money hungry sleazebag" as adx put it :)
Ian, is is true that i would have been better off getting a .com instead of .com.au, will see how it goes, but good point
cheers

pingeyeg

I don't know, the site looks like a regular Wordpress site. Nothing spectacular, but it does have a nice color scheme to it.

adx

It's more minimalistic that's for sure, but maybe a little bit too so? This way the articles kind of fade in with the background, unlike the first edition. I think the article emphasis on the previous design was less vague, and also a better choice in my opinion.

ahk2chan

I agree with adx, the articles are just a little bit too fade. The color matches fine though so maybe you can just make them a little stronger is fine.

One thing about page design, from your domain name, I guess you are making a feed / article site? The design does give me the feel that I have clicked on an RSS through Firefox!

webartist

I have bolded the headlines which I think helps. If the site looks like a Firefox RSS page may not be a bad result - clean and precise, the idea is for the site to be a portal to design related articles and inspiration. I'm assuming most people will grab the RSS for my site if they like the content and want to stay up to date.
cheers for feedback

thegotoguy

It does look kind of dull. I'd color it up a bit or go completely dark. It reminds me of a wordpress blog. Am I an idiot? lol

josephlee

This is a cool site specially its color combination.Its really eye catcher.Wishing better future for this site.Keep it up.