Database-programmer needed for Last.fm-like project

FrontalNoize

Hi,

I'm looking for a partner to start a Last.fm like social service for music enthusiasts. Rather than taking the "scrobble all you can"-approach of Last.fm, I'm looking to start something which requires more user input. By using a tree structure and asking direct user input, I believe relations between bands could be better highlighted than in the current Last.fm way (which favours bands with many albums and high popularity rates).

I have some programming skills, but I've neglected them for years and I don't feel like learning everything again. So I'm looking for someone who's able to create a basic database for this project.

I'm thinking of 3 separate databases. 1 containing definitions for connections between artists, users, ..., another one containing the artists and their music, and a third one containing music profiles. I have a rough idea of how to create these databases, and how they would need to look. However, I do not know how I can let users alter rows of data, or add new ones. Also, I would not know which free hosts supply this.

This is more or less an experiment, so I cannot offer any reward. Contact me if you are interested to learn more. If you're a music enthusiast, that would be a plus.

Thanks,
Pieter

Agreed its an experimentation and if you hire someone to do experimentation on your behalf, then you must reward him/her with a payment! Work it out