Create a "Blog" inside an established homepage?

irisma

Hey there,

I run a website and would like to integrate something into the homepage where I can post news and updates, so that the homepage isnt quite so static. However, I already have all of my layouts established and I don't really want to install Wordpress or something and have to edit a theme all around.

Is there a simple way to integrate somewhere where I can post on the homepage without installing blogging software or needing to create another subdirectory on my webpage? Thanks a lot!

StrongDesigns

It's quite simple actually, but it depends on what your homepage is created in. If you're doing a static html website - you can always include an iframe to an rss feed of your blog.

But better yet if your website is created in php, you can integrate wordpress or a news system quite easily. Just look up "flat file blog" on google and you'll find some easy scripts you can install and drop into your site.

Ultimately it sounds like you should be using a cms like wordpress or joomla, etc to make your site more dynamic.

irisma

Thanks, I think I'm going to give wordpress a try.

How hard is it to rework a wordpress theme to make it more like my current theme? Are there any good walkthoughs on how to do this?

And also, is it possible to integrate phpbb3 with wordpress?

Thanks again!

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Wordpress website has some pretty good guides on how to make templates of your own. I've done a few of them. It isn't hard.

eonic

it isnt too difficult but there are a few different layout types depending on page type. If you know css and have firebug you should be ok. Another CMS you could consider is Eonicweb