Colors Colours Couleurs

AainaA

Okay guys, colours play a role in web design. If you were to create say, a site, corporate for 2005, how would you re-engineer the site, from being a typical boring corporate site, to something more engaging and interactive, and what colours would you likely choose over the previous colors....

Lets color the world shall we?

pipit

i like soft colour in my design. pastels, yellow(not bright yellow),blue, chream, grey, whatelse ya :rolleyes: , but no pink(toooo...feminim).

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i agree... soft colors are good. easy on the eyes! :) i use a lot of grays and blue on most of my sites.

AainaA

what about re-engineering the site? how would you make a non-interactive site become more engaging?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
depends on the site really. it's kind of like a magazine layout. it's not really interactive, but if it's appealing to the eye, the customer is more likely to pick it up and possibly buy it. that's why papers like the german "bild" sell so well. the info contained within the pages is mostly made up and bs, but it's appealing to the eye with lots of pictures and big headlines.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it has little to do with the nationallity, as i have seen these types of mags and papers in most countries i have visited.

AainaA

so what makes one different from the other? what makes bild any different from say for example, le figaro?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
never been far enough into france to have even heard of that mag aa. it's just a gossip mag in the form of a newspaper.

AainaA

but most journals/ magazines are gossip stuff anyway. they like to toot their horns in all directions about themselves, irrespective if they're products, their "lifestyles" or even... their tits!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
c'mon aa, you know what i mean. it's one of those papers that just makes up stuff about anything they think may sell.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
they aren't all the same... at least not the magazines that i read. most of what i read are reviews, profiles and how-to's.