client wants to update pages

StephanieCordray

Microsoft Frontpage if you're client isn't very knowledgable... it's the most user friendly... not very clean code but user friendly.

Wingnut

i would say contribute has been the program that has been easiest for me to have customers touch up text, links and pictures.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft Frontpage if you're client isn't very knowledgable... it's the most user friendly... not very clean code but user friendly.
personally, if the client is not html/web design savvy, i wouldn't want them to have that much access to a site. frontpage just like any of the other standard wysiwyg editors gives the client to much access to things they need to be accessing.

i have not used contribute, thus i can't comment on it.

personally i would take the online route along the lines of wordpress. while it does involve more work, it is the best solution in my opinion to allow the user to edit/add/delete pages in an automated process without giving access to important code or the layout of the site in general.

StephanieCordray

personally, if the client is not html/web design savvy, i wouldn't want them to have that much access to a site. frontpage just like any of the other standard wysiwyg editors gives the client to much access to things they need to be accessing.

i have not used contribute, thus i can't comment on it.

personally i would take the online route along the lines of wordpress. while it does involve more work, it is the best solution in my opinion to allow the user to edit/add/delete pages in an automated process without giving access to important code or the layout of the site in general.

I agree with that but if it's what the client wants... you know what they say.

didn't think about the content management systems... must be half asleep already... it's still early here.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with that but if it's what the client wants... you know what they say.

didn't think about the content management systems... must be half asleep already... it's still early here.
lol... i am always tired now a days. i think it's because i am bored out of my mind.

StephanieCordray

hehe... it finally turned a little cold here but i'm running around a lot so this going from warm to cold to warm to cold is making me very sleepy...