Broken link building

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization and Marketing' started by hariandro95, Feb 3, 2017.

to remove all ads.
  1. hariandro95

hariandro95 New Member

I know this offpage strategy is not being used often.But i read somewhere this is effective..Is building broken links of other sites with our articles is useful??

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

NO!!!!!!

hariandro95 likes this.
  3. hariandro95

hariandro95 New Member

Why we can add our content in broken link na then how comes its useless??

4. chrishirst

I have no idea what that even means.

hariandro95 likes this.
  5. hariandro95

hariandro95 New Member

Can you please provide some article links about this???

6. chrishirst

NO, I have never seen an "article" that discusses "building broken links", but it seems like a completely pointless exercise to me.

hariandro95 likes this.
  7. shakthipriya

shakthipriya New Member

As a link building tactic, broken link building is an effective, white-hat, scalable, content-focused link building strategy that builds links through finding broken links, recreating that broken content, and helping webmasters replace broken links with your corrected link.

8. chrishirst

NONE of the above are factual. It is just nonsense dreamed up by some 1995 "expert".

This was ONLY a possibility when the Internet only had a few hundred websites to choose from. In the 'modern times' of automatic content republishing, content curation and content created by others such as blogs, forums, 'social' media etc. The 'webmaster' of any particular site has little or no control over the links that other people place.

Can you honestly see your self asking FaceBook or Reddit if they could correct one 'broken' link out of the many thousands of URLs that are placed on their site per hour?
    The second word of the reply, should they even bother give your question enough credence to reply, IS going to be '... off'

If you should happen to find a genuinely 'broken' link to a URL on your site, ALL you need to do is add a redirect so that the request then goes to a valid URI on your domain, but ONLY if the new location IS an appropriate replacement for the original content. If the 'broken' link goes to a URL/page that has been removed for legitimate reason IT IS PERFECTLY OKAY for the request to return a 404 status.

The idea that every link should lead to actual content is simply arrant nonsense.

9. officeshub

officeshub New Member

Broken links can be deleted by using the tool like Disavow.

10. chrishirst

One can only assume that you either;

Did not read the original question

OR

Did not understand it.

11. Kim Kiav

Kim Kiav New Member

Very useful. Remember the idea of quality back links. improving the links of the website refering to you means improving its authority hence passing the same authority to your website

12. Carolyn Crews

Carolyn Crews New Member

Hey there! Didn't gotta what you want to ask????