AWstats setup

Kiwiberry

I’ve been grieved to find that my new hosting site does not already offer AWstats, but since AWstats is under the GPL, I was going to try and set it up. I know it’s written mostly in Perl (my personal favorite) and CGI.

Has anyone else set AWstats up for their site? I was looking through the documentation and it seems relatively straight forward if I was setting it up on my own Server/PC, but I’m not sure if I can even set it up on my host’s server.

Any info is always appreciated.

AWstats homepage: http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

JamesCC

Well I may be wrong but I believe that setting it up on one domain out side of the servers root area is not an option.

I have set AW stats on plenity of servers with out a problem but only tried once to set it up on a shared hosting account and had no luck at all.

Why not ask your web hoster to set it up? Its rather easy and really does not take up to much resourse over all.

Kiwiberry

My host is currently being subborn. I discovered that with shell access I would be able to install AWstats on their server, but they are "currently not giving out shell access," and have no plans to in the near future. They've also refused to install awstats for me.
oh well