Asp.net

Robert-B

I am looking to advance my skillset as I have been searching for employment and have noticed that ASP.NET seems to be rather popular. As does Umbraco. Could anyone with any experience offer any advice on the best place to start.

chrishirst

Staff member
ASP.NET is not actually a 'language', it is a framework that can be programmed for in several languages, and "Umbraco" is a content management system that runs on the ASP.NET framework so "the best place to start" is not really an option that can be "advised" upon.

Robert-B

ASP.NET is not actually a 'language', it is a framework that can be programmed for in several languages, and "Umbraco" is a content management system that runs on the ASP.NET framework so "the best place to start" is not really an option that can be "advised" upon.

Thanks Chris I know ASP.NET can be written in C# VB.Net and many more or used as an MVC Framework upon doing a little research. Umbraco I know is a CMS. I am just after an opinion from someone who has experience in ASP.NET.

chrishirst

Staff member
In that case I don't see why you asked the question you did.

"Where to start" is fairly obviously "Learning a DOT NET language" for both cases. VB being the easiest with J# and C# being the most complex.