ahyo!

AainaA

in malaysian, it means "oh Wow!" or if said in another tone, it could mean "you twit!" in not so many words.. what would your typical city / town / village "oh wow" be said in? slang / argot / whatever....

c'mon let's have some verbal coloda shall we?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I use that word, only I write it as ayooooooo, hehehe
I didnt know it was a real word.
Some friends of the family used to come to australia and stay with us on occasion, they were from Malaysia, and the boy, when ever something went wrong he would always say ayooooo, but I guess it is spelled ahyo. Anyhow it stuck and I use the expression from time to time.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
I don't know if any of you guys have seen "Firefly", but I love how they curse in Chinese... :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the irish are on a whole different level of cursing. it's quite entertaining as well. :)

AainaA

duh... eh? cursing? in Malay or chinese, or Indian, or even french, it sounds terrible, but I can imagine it in german or irish... the way the words just drool out of the mouth, not to mention the body language :p

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it seems that those whom don't speak german, anything said in german sounds quite horrible... so i can only imagine. ;)

AainaA

LOL... i was at a bookstore just now, wanted to buy a book, but everywhere I turned, I am prompted to see books written in german. That is really odd!! Finally went to the Language section, and decided to get German for Dummies. I was shocked when I saw the price. Exhorbitant. Its cheaper to buy online these days, and from Amazon.de or dotcom...

German? What am I thinking??

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
german... why would anyone want to learn german... it's a horrible language IMHO!

AainaA

exactly... i was thinking to myself the same question... anyways... ive been getting "germanised" these days by many people...