Advertising Merchants on Online mall

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs and Advertising Space' started by goldenwaters, Apr 5, 2016.

to remove all ads.
  1. goldenwaters

goldenwaters Member

Hello Friends,
    I am currently working on an online mall website. It is yet to kick off as I am still approaching merchants who will be supplying goods for sale.
    What I want to do now is, I want to be able to advertise the various merchants on the website by advertising their offline shops on the website.
    I intend allocating a time slots to the various merchants.

Example: On Monday, I will advertise FASHION/ACCESORIES only.
    Tuesday, I'll advertise COMPUTERS/PHONES only.

Now, on Monday, I will advertise each FASHION/ACCESORIES merchants shops for 30mins.
    on Tuesday, I'll advertise only merchants relating with Computers/Phones.

QUESTION: Is there anything wrong in me advertising my merchants on my forth coming website? Secondly, If I can advertise, will I require any software that would enable me create FREE and wonderful ads to help SMEs.
    Looking forward to your quick responses.

Thanks,
    Emmanuel

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

No sensible merchant would buy advertising on that basis especially on a 'site' that does not even exist

None at all, but who in their right mind is going to buy advertising on an as yet non-existent set of pages when there are hundreds of thousands of established pages with a proven track record of providing genuine sales.

Your "idea" has been around a very long time and is the basis of EVERY 'con trick' going, the 'mark' pays you for something that you might deliver someday, it is akin to you selling them a house on a prime piece of Florida 'real estate' that hasn't been drained yet.