webstudent123

99Designs.com used to be client decided / willing designer based pay.. (as little as $10.00 US for a design).. we ended up spending 120, two years ago for a website and logo at the same time.. (Great Deal!) that price and flat out concept of rate setting appears to be non-existent.

Does anyone know if such a place still exists.. possibly under a different name?

webstudent123

to be more exact

a few years ago 99designs.com allowed the users (clients) to post a project for a given amount (that the client would decide, as little as $20 I think), designers would then look at the project overview, the money they could earn and then decide to compete in the project or not. The client then chooses a winner.

Now 99designs.com has a minimum of $299 for logo design contests.

I am curious if anyone knows of any other such sites that offer a similar service without the minimums.

One reason I ask is because if not, I may consider on creating one.

d a v e

" I am curious if anyone knows of any other such sites that offer a similar service without the minimums. "

try google. if you're not sure how to use google, then google 'how to use google'...

webstudent123

awesome

" I am curious if anyone knows of any other such sites that offer a similar service without the minimums. "

try google. if you're not sure how to use google, then google 'how to use google'...

Hey Dave, thanks so much for this ever so helpful advice, however, I have tried utilizing Google for another solution but came up empty. Figured I would give this a shot...

Cheers!

webstudent123

agreed

place was probably flooded with cheap projects and they decided to weed them out

I am sure this in the reason for the minimums, but am certain there is still a market for the cheaper jobs. Up and coming design artists and companies are often looking to expand their portfolios. Plus you have cheap overseas design farms that often put out good work..

Well, I am actually glad that at least no one who has read this thread knows of such a company. Hopefully I will soon provide one.

che09

Dave,you're the MAN! Seriously though,no matter how 'sarcastic' an opinion would appear to be,it's still an opinion. Apparently,there's this thing they say,

I am responsible with my words but I am definitely not taking responsibility on how you understands it.