£40 logo/banner competition

s guy

Banned
Hi,i need a logo for a webdesign site me and my frined have been working on.
Would prefere the logo in vector but if you dont have vector software then a 468x60 banner would be fine.The name of the company is "dewoo" so have that in the design and the rest ill leave to you.Something professional looking is good.
Ill pay buy paypal and the comp finish on tuesday thanks.

s guy

Banned
Its a webdesign company also will offer hosting,try and incorporate that into the logo i guess.

StephanieCordray

well, you don't necessarily have to try to incorporate it into the logo but sometimes it helps to know, especially if you're not in a glutted market. logos are for branding purposes and it's really hard these days to come up with something original.

s guy

Banned
k forget the comp im gonna hold it at webdesigntalk as this forum seems to have died theres never many posts and just the same people replying thanks anyway.

StephanieCordray

Well, this forum is still relatively new, sir, so it would seem like the same people posting over and over again. It wouldn't hurt to hold the competition at more than one forum to get a good selection to choose from. I wasn't interested in entering the competition not being a professional web designer. I was curious about why a web design company would be looking for someone else to design instead of doing it themselves which could be why there is a lack of interest from other designers. Still, even web design companies subcontract work from time to time, :).

s guy

Banned
Web design and graphic design are completely different.Why would people be put off by that??they can think what they like about why a company would ask for a logo but at the end of the day they would have been paid so it dosnt make a differnce.I think you are just a busy body type,you love to have your say and put a reply in wherever you can.If you wasnt interested in entering then why bother posting?.
You jumping to that conclusion leads me to jump to the conclusion of why someone with a hosting company would have the time to post so much on a forum?and one thing i would never do is advertise my site in my signature like you do,thats just real childish.
bye bye

StephanieCordray

1. Yes they are different. Being good at one doesn't necessarily mean being good at the other but it is implied that you are good at graphic design if you sell web design services, that is if you plan on charging the big bucks for the work. As I said before I was curious. I see nothing wrong with being curious but apparently you see something wrong with me being curious.

2. Yes, I do love to have my say. If nobody listened then what would be the point of saying anything? I'm sure you do as well but a busybody? Why? Because I was curious? Have you never been curious? In addition I thought it might be helpful to anyone considering entering the competition to know what the company is about. Perhaps their interests would be more engaged knowing a few details. There are industries out there just beginning to establish a net presence and therefore easier to make original logos to fit the type of company. You provided very little information and a short deadline which is not conducive to getting the best work.

3. I didn't jump to any conclusions but it's rather obvious that you jumped to a few, otherwise you wouldn't be all defensive. If I were jumping to conclusions I wouldn't have asked anything and certainly wouldn't have used the word "why" anywhere in my posts. My last statement was about subcontracting which is fairly common if a company has more work than it can handle at any particular time but not enough steady work to hire someone full time. In point of fact, I would rather subcontract out work that I will be using myself before I contract out work for clients to whom I have an obligation. If you are that busy, it might be more interesting to someone if there was a chance of some steady subcontracting work rather than a one time project that really isn't paying much since it seems to be a one time shot. Freelancers constantly look for the type of opportunities that lead to some steady work to fill in the sporadic projects they acquire.

4. I don't have a signature that I'm aware of. I didn't add a signature to my profile. The only place to view a link to my site is in my profile. I also say where I'm from and other information whereas there are a lot of members who share nothing about themselves. Perhaps a lot of people would say it wasn't smart in these days of internet paranoia but I've learned that people are going to spam you, try to send you a virus, and whatnot whether you do or not and I prefer to be more open in my manner. That's why people have hotmail, google, and yahoo email addresses in the first place. That's what they are good for, catching the junk. However, I would never have dubbed myself or anyone else who does the same as childish.

5. Time to post? I have 257 posts here over an 8 month period. That amounts to a little over 30 posts per month. How much time does it take to make 1 or 2 posts (my average is 1.39 posts) per day? I belong to very few forums. As for today, it's a national holiday and my work load is very light as a consequence. What I do with my free time is my business. I have not asked you what you do with your free time. Nor would I criticize whatever it is you do with it.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
bye bye s guy
at least we now know what the s stands for in s guy.......
If it was for a site that you were working on, you should have at least posted what you have designed so far, so that the logo would integrate well with the look of the rest of the site.
You should also add details like colors that you would like so that it integrates well and make it easier for people by giving them some guidelines.
Common sense would also dictate that you would post the details at several forums for the best response, but by your comments, it seems you have very little of that......

GeneticOpera

How do you design a graphic when you don't know anything about the site? Are you looking for an image background? Or for a custom font with color elements- and what colors? I hate it when people post things like this and then get mad at the replies. ... Anyway, that's my rant. ^_^

Last edited: